Why Now is the Right Time to Enroll Your Child in a Martial Arts Program
If you’ve been considering martial arts as a viable after school option for your child, we’re going to make the case for jumping into our program today. Many parents have misconceptions when it comes to martial arts that we want to clear up, as well as highlight the incomparable benefits that will help your child both physically and mentally today.
First, let’s look at those myths that might be holding you back:
Myth #1: It’s Dangerous
Sure, the martial arts you’ve seen acted out in movies with harnesses and CGI effects appear dangerous. We are not training ninjas; we are administering the ancient and disciplined practice of martial arts in a controlled setting. We have professionally certified instructors that work with your child every step of the way. Safety is our number one priority; we guarantee it.
Myth #2: It’s Violent
In fact, football, lacrosse, and basketball are ten-times more violent than martial arts. Your child will never be in hand-to-hand combat that could result in collision injuries and concussions. Quite the contrary, they will be working as a solo entity as they build up their discipline and skill, advancing through each level.
Myth #3: It’s Lonely
Each child is part of a class that advances at the same time. Although they are on an individual journey as far as their skills are concerned, they are placed in a social setting the entire time. They will learn about respect for their elders, their bodies, and their peers, providing the same socialization that comes with a team sport.
Now that we’ve got those cleared up, we’re going to quickly cover some of the indisputable benefits of practicing martial arts regularly:
- Respect: The foundational principle of martial arts is respect for the masters that come before you, and respect for your body. You only get one! Therefore, your child will learn about respect in a deep and meaningful way.
- Interactive Activity: Lest we forget, martial arts is a great way to get your kid moving and ensure they are working out their muscles in a beneficial way.
- Fun: We don’t create this tense and serious environment at Mastery Martial Arts. We ensure it’s fun and engaging for your child so that they love it by the end of the day.
- Challenging: For the children that are competitive and want to push their boundaries, we add in challenges that will really help every single child reach their true potential.
- Guaranteed Practice: No more sitting the bench; our instructors work personally with every child to help them advance at their own pace.
Mastery Martial Arts
Why put off the benefits and personal achievement potential of martial arts any longer? Get in contact with our team of certified instructors today.