The Mastery Morning Structure
It’s hard to deny that the morning sets the picture, attitude, and essence for the entire day. If you wake up and immediately stub your toe, spill your coffee, and leave your house late, you’re going to have a bad day. That’s why the morning hours are so important and sacred, especially if you want to set a tone that is going to carry you throughout a productive and positive day.
Although we might be talking about adults right now, this kind of approach to the morning is a habit you can instill in your children. It will provide them with a positive outlook and mindset the moment they wake up, which will carry over into their performance and amicability at school and beyond. If they are taught to roll out of bed 4-minutes before the bus arrives with a Poptart in their hands, they’re going to think this kind of morning structure is acceptable.
So what does an ideal morning look like for a child?
Here is our Mastery Morning Structure!
- Wake Up and Smile: Be sure to smile in the morning so your child understands it’s a joyous and happy time.
- Stand and Stretch: Our bodies can cramp up in our sleep, which is why mild yoga or some form of quick stretching is a good routine for your child to adopt.
- Push Ups for Strength: We’re not advocating for your child to become a gym rat. We’re merely suggesting the idea of incorporating some movement or physical activity into the morning, as opposed to just sitting.
- Make Bed & Brush Teeth: Having your child make their bed will teach them responsibility and carefulness with their belongings. Next, for the preservation of their teeth, a morning tooth-brushing is necessary.
- Shower and Get Dressed: Hygiene is an important skill for kids to learn at a young age so they carry that practice through their professional lives. Showering in the morning and getting dressed afterwards is important for cleanliness. Next, pack the backpack and get ready to head off to school.
- Eat Nutritious Food: Countless studies have confirmed that breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day. Provide your child with healthy and nutritious breakfast options so they make a habit out of starting the day off with proper energy.
- Head Out the Door: It’s important to prepare your child in a timely manner so they understand that catching the bus is paramount. Don’t offer to drive them every morning if they are unable to plan their schedule properly. Wave goodbye, and off they go!
Here at Mastery Martial Arts, we believe that wholesome wellness starts in the morning. No matter how young you are, it’s always a good time to start developing a morning routine that will set the foundation for a life of fruitful productivity.
Check our MasteryUmentary Video series.